When it comes to your financial success at work, it is all about the money.
Yet, in the United States, over 70% of the population lives paycheck to paycheck – barely making enough to make it through the month. I can only assume this is true of most other countries also.
And – the amount of money does not matter. People are living in poverty to those who should have – based on their monthly income – plenty of money.
As I have worked with entrepreneurs – and wannabe entrepreneurs, money is often the trap keeping them from taking the leap.
But as we look back at the roles in your Company of One, the financial role is a big one. Their Chief Financial Officer or CFO.
I usually refer people to Dave Ramsey or I Will Teach You to Be Rich to learn these concepts, but too often, I find myself in conversations with coaching clients where I have to teach them some basics about money.
So today, I am picking back up on your Company of One – and diving into the role of your chief financial officer.
It’s All About the Money
- The number one thing keeping us from being free is bad decisions with money.
- Simple rules for winning with money:
- Avoiding the number one trap – comparing yourself to others.
- Realize the truth – many people are lying about how much wealth they have.
- Some people are temporarily wealthy. They have short term wins they think will last forever.
- Truly wealthy people do not need to prove how wealthy they are.
- The truth will always come out sooner or later.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my Company of One? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you like what you hear, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast. I also love reading them and connecting with you. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Previous Episodes on this Topic
- The Company of One Model
- Your Chief Operations Officer Role
- Your Chief Marking Officer Role