The five signs that it’s time to quit your job are easy to see from the outside. But often in the middle of the beast, we have clouded judgment.
Here are the five signs you need to go, and some ideas of how to deal with things if you need to stay.
Five Signs That it’s Time to Quit Your Job
- There is no growth path for you.
- You do not fit what they want to promote.
- You are at the top of where you can be.
- The company does not want to grow.
- The company is dying slowly (or quickly).
- The culture is negative.
- You are being discriminated against.
- There is no one you trust in the organization.
- You are no longer passionate about your work.
What if you Need to Stay?
You might be near retirement or a significant milestone or have a huge benefit from staying the course.
- Do your job and look for paths to grow for your future gig.
- Take on some new job in the company as a distraction to get rid of boredom.
- Start a side gig to get your mental energies flowing.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my Company of One? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today, so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you like what you hear, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast. I also love reading them and connecting with you. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move Forward