Using love as a business strategy might seem like a strange title – especially coming from an engineer. Generally speaking we technical people are pretty much just the facts. The talk of soft skills and focusing on people makes me squeamish – so to start talking about loving your customer is really a leap – for me anyway.
Over the past few months, I keep hearing pastors talk about being called to love one another. Yes, if you look that up in the Bible – you might find it a time or two – so not really a surprise to hear it. But perhaps I just now have started to hear it clearly. So I have been thinking – what does this mean for me as a university faculty and business owner.
We have been talking a lot about this inside the business – so much that “love the customer” is becoming a theme.
Using Love as a Business Strategy
Loving the customer means…
- Loving your customer means knowing your customer.
- Loving your customer means tuning into their frustrations and needs.
- Loving your customer means treating them like you would want to be treated.
- Loving your customer means people come first.
- We like them more.
- Sales are up.
- Everyone is happier serving them.
- Loving them does not mean they want it for free.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my Company of One? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you like what you hear, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast. I also love reading them and connecting with you. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Theft of America’s Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies That Are Destroying Our Country
- Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See
- Ep 132: How Being a Christian has Made Me Wealthy