Making money in a crisis might sound counter-intuitive – but be clear that there is always an opportunity to serve. A crisis is no exception. So if you are willing to serve others and looking for ways to start making money in a crisis – you are in the right place.
But I know what you are thinking. Making money in a crisis is just plain greedy. Others need FREE help. Maybe – but before you judge too quickly, listen in.
Making Money in a Crisis (Podcast Outline)
- Money is NOT always the issue.
- It is OK to charge people during a crisis.
- Many have the means and want your help.
- There are unique opportunities while people working from home:
- Pet care
- Tutoring (any subject, any grade)
- Helping those with health care needs – Diabetic or other issues
- Food delivery
- Errand running
- Showing them how to use tools such as Zoom etc. – Art teacher could not use virtual tools, so had to cancel classes.
- Setting up in house workstations – computers, desks, etc. (VPN is a term some are hearing for the first time)
- Assembling things they bought to work from home
- Home gym setup
- Fitness coaching at home or over the web
- Someone to talk to
- Elderly care new high when people cannot getaway
- Working for Amazon / UPS / etc
- Think Long Term – What May Change for Good
- Colleges will have more online courses and get more creative
- Online tutoring will grow
- Homeschooling with grow
- Work from home will grow
- Personal finance and EF will be a hotter topic
- Home ordering of supplies – Now we know
- People will move away from JIT and minimalist to preppers
- Buy American (or where you are) Things formally made in China will be able to make and sell at home
- Drive through medicine! This may change the medical community more than any legislation ever could
- Faster FDA approval of drugs
- Freedom for doctors to practice without so many regulations
- Growth in teledocs
- In 1929 investor Irvin Khan doubled his money. “The 107-Year Old Stock Picker.”
- Look at stocks 1 and 2 years out.
- Look 5 years and a different story.
- 10 years even more
- Entrepreneur mindset thrives regardless of circumstances. They are ALWAYS looking for trouble.
- Where there is trouble – frustration, fear, or pain – there is a way to serve.
- Where there is a way to serve, there is a way to make money.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my Company of One? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you like what you hear, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast. I also love reading them and connecting with you. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode: