Want to know how to find a business idea for a side hustle?
To some, it seems daunting – to others simple.
You might be the person who comes up with 20 ideas a day, or maybe you are the person who has no ideas.
Either way, there are traps in both sets of thinking.
Today I will go over some simple ways to uncover ideas and common mistakes others make.
How to Find a Business Idea for a Side Hustle (Outline of the podcast)
- Goals of the Side Hustle
- What is a Side hustle?
- What can you expect to earn (realistically)?
- Two quick ways to generate ideas
- The Calling Exercise
- What do you love to do?
- Where are you gifted?
- What do others ask your help with?
- Search for similar services
- Fiverr, Udemy, Amazon, or local services pages
- What do you see offered that you know well
- The Calling Exercise
- What to do first
- Start with a service. Easiest to do and start and grow to a decent income.
- Use tools like
- If a hit – grow into a product
- Writing resumes for people – develop a book or a course (Debra Mastic’s Resume service to products)
- Hire people and build a team to do the work.
- For a plumbing service – Doing plumbing for people – Hire plumbers or create a course or content for DIY
- Create information products
- Check my series on building information products in 30 days.
- Example – Patrick Cash – Lawn Care to service business
- Common mistakes
- Overthinking it
- Trying to make it perfect. (Sitting at Fivver worrying over the packages $5, $50, $100) Just hit enter and adjust
- Failing to deliver. When someone buys from you – respond and deliver fast
Upcoming Episode 138 next week – how to find time to start a side hustle
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my Company of One? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you like what you hear, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast. I also love reading them and connecting with you. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- How to Create Your First Information Product in 30 Days
- Fiverr – Service offerings starting at $5
- Upwork – Freelancers
- Udemy – Online training products
- Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days
- Pressure washing (Scotty Lett – Iron City Power Washing
- Episode 119: Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Master of Engineering Management in Information Engineering and Management