One of the biggest challenges with new businesses is they are slow to start. Once the decision is made – you must get products on the market as soon as possible. Seth Godin uses the term “SHIP IT” often. Seth is trying to say “It will never be perfect, you must ship product. Here in this audio and video I will walk you through the common sales path, I call the critical sales path, showing you how new companies really put products on the market and improve them along the way.
Click to Listen
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
- Sales are the CRITICAL part of the business
- Processes and products should evolve with sales
- No sales = no business
Two Major Failures in Business
- Trying to get perfect processes before you start.
- Never improving the processes after you start.
Steps in the Critical Sales Path
- 1st Sale – Critical to create momentum
- 2nd Sale – Keep it going
- 10th sale – you are beginning to learn what your customers REALLY want
- 100th sale – Start thinking about processes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe to it on iTunes. To subscribe, go to iTunes and hit subscribe! You may have to click the button that says, “OPEN IN ITUNES.” You can also find Company of One on Stitcher.
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.