Finding your why? We might also say finding our mission or finding our purpose. But I like “finding your why.” The WHY gets to the core of things. Why do you do what you do? What would you do if you were really driven by your why?
Two of the most commons statements I hear from those I have coached are:
- I do not have any special skills or abilities. This issue is addressed through the How to Find Your Calling ebook (see the right side of the webpage).
- I do not have anything I really want to do. This issue is addressed in today’s podcast
Click to Listen
Finding Your Why – The Problem
- After some point, money does not motivate us.
- Most people are empty looking for something more out of life. Just look at the emptiness of work for most people in corporate life.
- The blessing of wealth has become a curse.
Finding Your Why – The Actions
First, two assumptions:
- Household expenses are paid – no money worries. Think about the amount you need to live on deposited to your account each month without any effort on your part.
- Unlimited access to OTHER resources and people. You can get to anyone you need, and they will listen to you.
- What would you do?
- Who would you serve?
- How would you help?
- Be specific.
In this episode I mentioned some resources, including:
- How to Find Your Calling workbook FREE
- The Magic of Thinking Big
Question: What other tools have you found that help you find your why? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Please Subscribe and Review!
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe to it on iTunes and give me a review. By subscribing and reviewing you help the rankings!
To subscribe, go to iTunes and hit subscribe! (You may have to click the button that says “OPEN IN ITUNES”
To review, hit the tab in iTunes that says Ratings and Reviews and then give me a FIVE STAR rating (was that suggestive enough) and write something that tells others what you like about the podcast.
Thanks so much for your effort!
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What have you discovered about your why? Does it excite you? You can leave a comment by clicking here.