Last week I started a three part series on personal branding with the subject of first impressions. Today we consider how your actions define your brand.
Click to Listen
Seven Personal Branding Actions
In this episode I want to share with you seven actions that impact your brand. Details are found on the podcast audio.
- Care – Do you care about others? This is your ultimate mission.
- Mission – Do you know the mission and vision of your organization? Not just the stated mission printed on company literature, but the real mission the leaders live.
- Mission fit – How do you fit into the mission of your organization?
- Define your customers – Do you know them? For details on how to do this, see Company of One Overview.
- Seek input – Go ask your customers how you are doing. See Company of One Overview for details.
- Be direct – When you have an issue, be direct and up front. This avoids gossip and misunderstandings. Others respect directness.
- Know their name – Learn people’s names and use them. I think we all struggle here. I know I do.
In this episode I mentioned some resources, including:
- Defining your customers: Company of One Overview
- Memory training: Quantum Memory Power by Dominic O’Brien
- Example of remembering names: Dallas Teague-Snider
- Example branding: Paul McGuire
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: I feel like there is more. What actions am I missing? You can leave a comment by clicking here.