In today’s podcast, we will look at the big question of
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR INCOME.
But first we deal with the subjects leading up to that issue and then grow into the larger issue of income.
Click to Listen
1. What is God’s view of work and money?
Here we will explore the issue many people of faith struggle with, which is “is it evil to be rich?” To do this, we look to scripture.
Book reference – Daniel Lapin’s Thou Shall Prosper
2. A holistic view of your income.
Then we move to looking at the big picture of income – it is not JUST about a pay raise.
To do this, I encourage you work along with me using a pen and paper to
- Write down all sources of income you have,
- Look at the main source of your income, and (this is your FIRST chance of increasing your income).
- Look at those untapped resources.
BRAINSTORM – What can I do?
I will give several examples of clients who have done these exercise and found new money. Many of these examples come from clients in our IEM Program.
– One person had rental income from a vacation rental. He realized with a little more advertising on sites like HOMEWAY he could increase his rentals – and therefore his income!
– Another owned a trucking business and found new ways of generating sales and income.
– Others focused on their day job. More hours, more focus on key things, more conversations yielded in an increase in pay.
3. Increase your income on your JOB!
Here we will focus on how to increase your income and contribution on your primary job by taking a hard look at your
– Conversations, and
– Value add.
Then we step back and look at your big picture.
- Main job
- Spouse’s job
- Tax refunds
- Side jobs
- Stuff you sold
- Volunteer jobs turned into real money
Overall this show is about freedom to control your income. Why leave it to someone else to control? You own it!
If you are like me, you listen to podcasts when you are busy doing other things – like exercising or driving. The easiest way to do that is via a podcasting subscription such as Itunes. So, if you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have suggestions for a podcast you would like to hear or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What other questions do you have about increasing your income? You can leave a comment below.